One of my favorite parts of my job is working with all of our amazing recommended vendors. In order to highlight these vendors, we have decided to feature interviews on our blog. To start us off, we sent over some questions to Stephanie Barro, owner/designer of Bouquets of Austin, who has provided beautiful flowers to our clients since we opened our doors. Check out her responses below to some of our questions.
- How long have you been in the wedding industry? A little over 20 years.
- What is your favorite part of your job? Besides the obvious – which is working with gorgeous flowers every day – my favorite part of my job is the people that I get to meet, both clients and industry colleagues.
- Do you have a favorite flower? Having to choose a favorite flower isn’t fair because there are so many that I love! But I do have some favorites for every season: Spring – viburnum and lilacs; Summer – colorful hydrangea and garden roses; Fall – Oh fall…there are just SO many awesome berries and textures that I love in this season; Winter – this season is great because there’s the availability of some unusual blooms; I love amaryllis.
- How would you describe Bouquets of Austin’s “style”? Traditional with a twist!
- What floral trends are you currently seeing in the wedding industry and are there any trends you would like to see? As far as trends…I’ve seen the rustic/vintage trend declining and a ramp up of more “glam” weddings (think Gatsby). I would love to move towards more cocktail-style receptions with a few awesome, key elements.
- Where do you suggest brides should look for wedding inspiration? Besides the many traditional wedding resources that are available, I would suggest brides looking to home décor and fashion magazines, runway shows, and even architecture for wedding inspiration.
- Do you have any suggestions to help brides stay within their budget? Yes! It’s a part of my job to help my brides stay within their budget. They must be honest about their budget/expectations in order for us to assist them in providing them the very best elements/décor for their money!
- What is the one thing that you think every bride should know when choosing wedding flowers? Flowers are very personal. They should choose flowers based on their own individual style – not just because certain flowers, colors, etc. are being done by everyone else. In this way, they can be sure that their wedding flowers truly reflect who they are.
Interested in talking to Bouquets of Austin about your wedding or event? Contact them at 512.257.2395 or check them out online at www.bouquetsofaustin.com.
Written by: Samantha Botello, Wedding Sales Manager