It’s almost time for our Spring Open House and we’re so excited! Come join us on April 2nd from 6:00-8:00pm to enjoy our Chef’s mouth-watering cuisine, sip a refreshing cocktail, and mix and mingle with some of Austin’s top vendors. Make sure to RSVP to email@example.com or give us a call at 512.220.0185. You can also respond online by clicking this link: Open House Invite.
Also, since last week’s post we have added new vendors to our Open House: Magpie Blossom Boutique, Details Austin, and Ceremonias Bridal Boutique. Magpie Blossom Boutique will be providing beautiful florals for our Wedding Center, Details Austin will be creating our programs and Ceremonias Bridal Boutique will be showcasing beautiful mother of the bride gowns.
We look forward to seeing you next week at our Open House!
Written by: Mary Gividen, Sales Assistant
Spring is here and we couldn’t be more ready to ring in the season with our Open House!
We’re all for taking full advantage of every season – especially when the coming months promise to be particularly gorgeous. Join us on Wednesday, April 2nd from 6pm-8pm to enjoy our Chef’s mouth-watering cuisine, sip a refreshing cocktail, and mix and mingle with some of Austin’s top vendors, including:
We are looking forward to everything the warmer weather and new beginnings have to offer – and we hope you’ll join us in welcoming spring with open arms on April 2nd!
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-220-0185. We hope to see you there!
Written by: Erin Todd, Wedding Sales Manager
Carolina and Brian’s New Year’s Eve wedding was the perfect celebration to bring in 2014! This bride and groom live in California, but came in for an initial tour and tasting and the rest was planned with the help of their talented planner, Kevin, from Brass Tacks Events!
This spectacular NYE wedding screamed fun and festive with sparkling linens from Marquee Rents and a collaboration of flowers and ice centerpieces (unlike any I’d ever seen) created by Stems Floral and Full Spectrum Ice.
Having lived and traveled all over the states, their palates craved a menu that would wow their guests and our talented Chef did just that. The cocktail hour began with only five passed hors d’oeuvres, the plated menu included Butternut Squash Ravioli and Filet Mignon Entrées, and the night ended with a custom Breakfast Taco Bar to die for! Even with all that food, no wedding is complete without the sweets. A gorgeous cake and dessert table provided by Sweet Treets Bakery satisfied even the worst sweet tooth.
There was non-stop fun with Shutter Qube’s Photo Booth and Greenbelt DJ kept guests dancing throughout the night. At midnight confetti flew over the dance floor and 12 grapes were to be had by all (a Spanish tradition of good luck and fortune for the new year). This countdown was one this couple (and their guests) will never forget. And Jerry Hayes and inTandem Photography were there to capture it all. Enjoy!
Photographs taken by Jerry Hayes
Photographs taken by InTandem
“Our wedding was amazing thanks to Vintage Villas. From Kristi at the hotel front desk, to Lauren in the main office, everyone was super responsive and willing to work with us on pretty much everything. The Chef was super accommodating with menu tweaks we requested. All the food at the wedding was amazing… we are still getting rave reviews on apps and late night tacos. For our NYE wedding, the proximity from venue to hotel was amazing. No need to worry about over-intoxicated guests driving and the rooms are nice for the price point. Staff, food, and venue were beyond epic from beginning to end.” -Carolina & Brian
Written by: Lauren Allen, Director of Sales and Marketing
At Vintage Villas we help a lot of couples with their special day, and we are often asked about marriage license requirements and procedures. To make the process a little easier, we have gathered the following marriage license information.
- There is a required 3 day waiting period from the time you obtain your marriage license until the time the ceremony can take place. (Unless special requirements are met.)
- Your marriage license is valid for 90 days.
- You do not have to get married in the same county where you received your marriage license. Your marriage license will be good in any county within Texas.
Who can perform a wedding ceremony?
- A person who is an officer of a religious organization and who is authorized by the organization to conduct a marriage ceremony.
- A justice of the supreme court, judge of the court of criminal appeals, justice of the courts of appeals, judge of the district, county, and probate courts, judge of the county courts at law, judge of the courts of domestic relations, judge of the juvenile courts, retired justice or judge of those courts, justice of the peace, retired justice of the peace, or judge or magistrate of a federal court of this state.
How to Obtain your Marriage License:
- Both the Bride & Groom must go to the County Clerk’s office, complete the marriage license application, and pay the license fee. You will need to bring the following:
- Proper Identification (birth certificate, driver’s license or state-issued ID card, passport, visa, military ID, etc.).
- The Social Security Number of each applicant.
- Following the ceremony, the wedding officiant must date, sign, and note the county where the ceremony occurred on the certificate. The marriage license must then be returned to the County Clerk’s Office within 30 days from the ceremony date. Once the office receives the license, it will be copied and filed and the original will be returned to you.
For more information, you can visit the Travis County Clerk’s website (http://www.traviscountyclerk.org/eclerk/Content.do?code=R.27) or call your local County Clerk.
Written by: Samantha Botello, Wedding Sales Manager